John McConville is the Senior Technical Editor and the author of seven Cost Estimating & Procurement books. He has over thirty years’ experience of Cost Estimating, Project Management, Valuations, Claims, Value Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Project Turnaround(s) and Consulting on a wide variety of major US & Global Construction industrial projects, valued between $20 million& $5 billion that were focused on:
- Refineries / Chemical Facilities / Power Plants.
- Infrastructure Projects / Airports / Ports / Railway / Mines.
- Offshore Production Facilities / Pipelines.
John has degrees in Construction Management & Economics. In addition, he is a Certified Cost Professional with the American Association of Cost Engineers (AACEI). John is a leading Estimating expert specific to Refineries, Chemical & Major Industrial facilities.
- Has been the lead estimator on a number of major refineries, LNG & power plants located in USA, (Texas, Virginia, Ohio & New Jersey), Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Venezuela & in the UK, valued up to $7 billion.
- Project Turnaround(s) / Benchmarking / Risk Analysis / Project Audits & Value Engineering.
- Claims Production & Mitigation / Project Cost Control and Scheduling / Expert Witness.
- Has trained 1,500 + Construction Professionals in USA, UK, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia & India on the topics of Cost Estimating & Project Management methods.